Contact: Ms. Juanita Britton
BZB’s 26th Annual Holiday Gift and Art Show PSA
(Washington, DC) – For the past 26 years, BZB International has brought together unique wares and gifts from artists all around the world during the holiday season with its Annual Holiday Gift and Art Show. Don’t miss this remarkable D.C. event!
The shopping event opens Black Friday & Saturday, November 26-27 and continues for the next three big Saturdays-December 3, 10 & 17 and BZB BIG FRIDAY, December 23, 2016, held at Shiloh Family Life Center, 1510 9th Street, NW, three blocks north of the Washington Convention Center, Washington, DC. 10am - 7pm. Open to the public, plus FREE ADMISSION!
First held in 1990, it opened on a cold Saturday morning, with over 50 people waiting for the doors to open! The holiday season’s “best pick” shopping event is celebrating its 25th year. The BZB Annual Shopping event produced by Juanita Britton, Retail Marketing Specialist. “Our goal is to attract customers to shop with the businesses and artisans in their communities. People are having second thoughts about shopping in this economy along with the added stress and inconvenience of suburban malls”, says Britton.
Shoppers come from around the beltway, up and down the East Coast to this festive “BZB Shop til you Drop” marketplace! Specialties such as fine jewelry of gold, diamonds and silver by local master goldsmith, Shukri Goldsmith; Bath & Beauty products from a Washington favorite, ZURESH; colorful Kente shawls and weaving demonstrations from Ghana’s own Master Weaver, Kwasi Asare! Also join local fine artists such as Larry “Poncho” Brown, with prints and originals for sale; new and collectible books; ethnic games and toys; men’s and women’s clothing from West African tailors and Washington based couture designer, Brenda Winstead’s DAMALI Afrikan Wear; portraits by master artist Greg Paige; glassware encrusted with 24 karat gold from Egypt; youth artisans and entrepreneurs, just to name a few.
"According to Juanita “Busy Bee” Britton, there are 10 Top Reasons to shop in your community.
1. "UNIQUENESS! Give a unique gift they will treasure for a lifetime.
2. TIME-SAVING! Save time, gasoline, and your nerves by avoiding traffic jams - unless you enjoy pulling your hair out around the Beltway.
3. EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE! Receive customer service with a personal touch. Isn’t it nice when they know your name?
4. GREAT VALUE! Shop with hot new artists and designers that offer great values, one-of-a-kind items and original pieces.
5. COMMUNITY BUILDING! Help to increase the tax base - it helps to provide better services for your community!
6. COST SAVING! Avoid outlet malls,impersonal department stores, and overpriced merchandise!
7. RELAXING! Put the crowds, lines,and same old merchandise behind you!
8. TEACHABLE MOMENTS! Educate our youth on entrepreneurship(i.e., meeting shop owners) while breezing through your shopping list.
9. REWARDING! Reward yourself with a gift from ALL of the money you saved.
10. WISE INVESTMENT! Spend more time enjoying your holidays and less time exhausted from your mall trips! "
Posted by Afrika Abney
Consultant for BZB's 26th Annual Holiday Gift and Art Show